NOAO archive imaging data sky coverage as of 2019
The Community Science and Data Center (CSDC) provides software systems, user services, and development initiatives to connect and support the scientific missions of Gemini, KPNO, LSST and CTIO. Activities within the CSDC program include:
- The Time Allocation Committee program, which supports proposals for open-access observing time on telescopes across the US ground-based O/IR system through the operation of a peer-review process.
- The US National Gemini Office, which serves as the interface for the US astronomical community to the Gemini Observatory.
- Time Domain Services, developing infrastructure for time-domain astronomy including the ANTARES event broker.
- Data Management Operations, providing core transport, archiving, processing, and online distribution for data obtained at CTIO and KPNO telescopes.
- Data Lab, a science platform providing high-level tools for discovery, exploration, and analysis of large public survey datasets
- NOIRLab institutional support for the US Extremely Large Telescope Program, the La Serena School of Data Science, and other capacity-building initiatives in US OIR astronomy.
CSDC is a Program of NSF’s NOIRLab, which is managed by the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) under a cooperative agreement with the National Science Foundation.